While you are staying home to promote social distance, please enjoy these free digitial resources!
View the videos here: http://bit.ly/kayakminnesota
This video presentation is made possible with Legacy funding.
Please fill out the survey so we can have more great programs like this in the future.
The Viking Library System subscription to OverDrive allows member library patrons to read/listen to thousands of ebooks and audiobooks on their own devices. Tablets, phones, and dedicated reading devices can all access the books on OverDrive. Check it out today! The Libby app is a streamlined version featuring all the functions and offerings of the traditional OverDrive system.
NOW OFFERING 6 CHECKOUTS PER MONTH! Hoopla is a digital media service offered by your local public library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV!
Adult Book Discussion Group(on hiatus)
- Meets the fourth Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
- Contact the library for more information 218-685-6850 firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Games for Adults:
- Meets the first Tuesday of each month from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Special Events – check with the library or our calendar dates
- Fireside Chats a lecture series with guest speakers or author
- Minnesota Book Award Authors
- Art receptions
- Classes and workshops
- Genealogy workshops monthly
- Online catalogs and databases workshops monthly
- Pick up a copy of Book Page America’s Book Review sponsored by the Friends of the library
- Check out the monthly publication Book Marks
- Check out the bi-monthly publication The New York Review of Books
- 13 computers all with high-speed Internet access(two available at this time)
- Computer lab available for meetings and trainings with 10 computers for students, 1 trainer computer, and a projector and screen
- Computer Classes – Check with the library for upcoming classes
- Guides and resources in print and online
- Links to area employment agencies
Book Club Kits List of available book club kits
- A pack of 10 books ready to checkout for your book group
- Some kits contain sample questions
- List of available kits
Film Series – check with the library for upcoming
Enthralling Books for a Frosty Stretch – an adult reading program sponsored by the Friends of the Library
- Read books to receive hot drink packets
- Read 15 books from January 1 through March 1 and complete other requirements to earn a prize
Reading to Learn Backpacks – filled with school-readiness materials for parents and caregivers to share with children
Library-a-thon Fundraiser – special activities scheduled all day and evening, including Bingo for Books, a Soup Supper, and a movie
Flekkefest, our town celebration, the library sells used books, root beer floats and face painting.