Thorson Memorial Library along places great importance on providing the public access to the Arts. The library has become a sought out location to view art, attend exhibits and receptions, listen to author readings, and guest speakers.
- A gallery system to display art, such as paintings
- Built in shelving to display items such as sculpture, ceramics, and turned wood
- A holiday commissioned art sale which serves as a fundraiser for the Friends of the library
- Art is currently available year round for the public to purchase
- Art, exhibits, and receptions
- Artist visits
- Art classes for adults and children
- Author readings and workshops
We are in the early stages of developing an audio guided tour of the Library’s permeant art collection. The library’s ability to make the Arts part of their fabric is due to grants, donations, The Minnesota’ Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund, partnerships with Viking Library System, fundraising by the Friends of the Library, the Elbow Lake Arts Advisory Council, and artists. We are grateful for these collaborations that allow us to offer expanded services.