Thorson Memorial Library maintains a strong curriculum of library programming & Materials for children. We are usually a hands-on learning space so we’d love for you to come and plan to stay awhile, but due to the coronavirus, we are asking that visits currently be no more than half an hour.
Click here for tips on giving information to kids of different ages. Help your family to be prepared, not scared.
Summer Reading program was online this year! Thank you for helping us have a great summer!
- Children’s’ programming does not occur on holidays when the library is closed
- Children’s’ programming is canceled if West Central Area Schools are closed due to inclement weather
- Keep children engaged in learning over the summer and avoid the summer slide
- Each summer during June & July we offer six weeks of enrichment activities.
- Thursdays time to be announced.
- Geared toward children ages birth through age 10 (everyone is welcome to attend)
- Featuring read-aloud stories, songs, crafts, games, activities, & snacks.
- Watch our Facebook page for videos, activities, and more information! Call us to arrange curbside pickup for your seasonal activity packets!
- Every Child Ready-to-Read information
Check-in with the library to learn about special activities such as classes, guest speakers, visiting authors, and workshops.
Ready to Learn Backpacks are collections of materials related to a specific theme or concept to help build school readiness & social-emotional development skills. Each pack contains books, DVDs, and audios for children and adults. Ready to Learn Backpacks check out for 3 weeks and can be renewed. They are perfect for families, caregivers, and teachers. Click here for a list of our backpacks and their contents:
In house use:
Snap Circuit kits: seven kits that allow children (and adults) to build real working circuits.
We also have toys for building, exploring, creating, making, and imagining. Put on a puppet show, put together a puzzle, listen to books on audio, or find a cozy spot to enjoy books.
The library staff is dedicated to providing excellent library resources and enriching activities for children and their families. The library works closely with local schools, is a member of our family services collaborative, The Child & Youth Council, and the Early Childhood Initiative. Library employees regularly attend training and workshops related to early literacy and educational activities.